New Age Progression Image Of Missing Aurora Boy Timmothy Pitzen Released 10 Years After His Disappearance
A new age progression image shows what Timmothy Pitzen may look like 10 years after his disappearance.
Watch CBS News
A new age progression image shows what Timmothy Pitzen may look like 10 years after his disappearance.
Rini gets credit for time served, so he will be released on probation in less than four months.
Brian Michael Rini, now 25, was initially sentenced earlier this year to two years behind bars. But the judge wanted to see results of a pre-sentencing investigation, likely including details of Rini's mental and physical conditions, before officially entering his sentence.
U.S. District Judge Michael Barrett announced the virtual hearing in a notice Wednesday. Barrett early this year told 25-year-old Brian Michael Rini he must serve two years.
A federal court filing shows that a plea agreement has been reached in the case of a 24-year-old Ohio man who claimed to be a missing Illinois child.
A federal judge will hear next week whether a plea deal has been reached in the case of a 24-year-old man authorities say claimed to be a long-missing child.
A June trial was postponed after questions were raised about his competence. Rini has pleaded not guilty .
The case of a 24-year-old Ohio man charged with impersonating a long-missing child is on hold in federal court.
U.S. District Judge Michael Barrett on May 20 granted a sealed motion filed by Rini's attorney. Barrett had earlier set a June 24 trial date, but that appears likely to be postponed.
Timmothy Pitzen has been missing for more than eight years, but his father is still confident the boy who would now be 14 will be found someday.
Brian Michael Rini, the Ohio man accused of pretending to be Timmothy Pitzen, an Aurora boy who has been missing for eight years, has been indicted on new federal charges.
Brian Michael Rini, the Ohio man accused of making up a story that he was Timmothy Pitzen, an Aurora boy who has been missing for eight years, was ordered held without bail pending trial on federal charges.
A 23-year-old man faces a U.S. magistrate Tuesday on a charge that he lied to federal agents about being a missing child from Illinois.
The Timmothy Pitzen hoax hit one suburban Chicago father whose daughter is also missing particularly hard.
Brian Michael Rini, 23, of Medina, Ohio, was charged Friday with making false statements to federal agents, accused of making up a story that he was Timmothy Pitzen, the Aurora boy was last seen eight years ago.
Although the family of the man who pretended to be missing boy Timmothy Pitzen wants him punished, Pitzen's family called for forgiveness.
A person found in Kentucky on Wednesday is not Timmothy Pitzen, the Aurora boy who disappeared nearly eight years ago, the FBI said Thursday. Instead, police say Brian Michael Rini, 23, of Medina, Ohio, made up the story.
A person found in Kentucky on Wednesday is not Timmothy Pitzen, the Aurora boy who disappeared nearly eight years ago, the FBI said Thursday.
It's a difficult day for the community of Aurora as the FBI has learned the man claiming to be Timmothy Pitzen, the Aurora boy who disappeared nearly eight years ago, was actually 23-year-old Brian Rini of Medina, Ohio.
A person found in Kentucky on Wednesday is not Timmothy Pitzen, the Aurora boy who disappeared nearly eight years ago, the FBI said Thursday. Here are fast facts about Brian Michael Rini, the person who claimed to be Timothy Pitzen.
Tens of thousands of kids go missing every year in the U.S., and while many return home safe, statistics show the chances a child is found alive sharply diminish as time passes.
Timmothy Pitzen has been missing for eight years, and authorities in west suburban Aurora and the Cincinnati area are trying to determine if a 14-year-old boy found in Newport, Kentcuky, on Wednesday is the missing teen.
Here are five fast facts about Timmothy Pitzen, who has been missing from Aurora for almost eight years.
DNA test results expected today could confirm whether a 14-year-old boy found in Kentucky is indeed Timmothy Pitzen, of Aurora, who has been missing for nearly eight years.
It's been almost eight years since Pitzen's 6-year-old son vanished without a trace after spending two days traveling with his mother.
A deadly crash shut down part of the Bishop Ford Freeway early Thursday morning.
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, King Charles III's younger brother, has been arrested over suspected misconduct in public office after revelations in the Epstein files.
While everyone was welcome to receive ashes, among the first were those whose loved ones had been detained or deported by federal immigration agents.
At each class inside Glenbrook South and Glenbrook North high schools, students must put their cell phones inside these numbered caddies, or be marked absent.
The city of Chicago is about to write some big checks to thousands of vehicle owners who had their cars, vans, or trucks towed by the city without the proper warning.
Lawmakers in Springfield are preparing for a pivotal hearing that could shape the future of the Chicago Bears.
The City Council on Wednesday failed to override Mayor Brandon Johnson's veto of an ordinance that would have banned the sale of most intoxicating hemp-derived products in Chicago.
Gov. JB Pritzker is renewing his push to ban students from using cell phones in Illinois schools, aiming to improve student performance and protect children's mental health.
Gov. JB Pritzker is proposing a statewide fee on social media companies in an effort to raise $200 million a year for education, as the state grapples with a $2 billion budget shortfall.
Chicago taxpayers are now on the hook for $29.2 million in settlements over wrongful conviction lawsuits connected to a disgraced former police detective.
This is after Mayor Brandon Johnson vetoed an ordinance that would have banned most hemp-derived products this weekend.
This week marks Identity Theft Awareness Week, and Illinois Comptroller Susana Mendoza emphasized some safety tips Monday for avoiding and dealing with identity theft.
A controversial data center in Naperville, Illinois, could be the cause to pack a city council meeting there on Tuesday night.
Police in the west Chicago suburb of Geneva are warning of a scam involving spoofed phone numbers.
Protesters on Tuesday were cranking up the heat on Peoples Gas over a recently proposed rate hike that would add an additional $10 to $11 a month to utility bills.
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital announced this week that it is planning to open a new pediatric hospital in the west Chicago suburb of Downers Grove.
It has been nearly six years since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, and one of the many questions doctors are still working to answer concerns the long-term effects.
Leaders from Cook County, the Illinois Department of Human Services, and the Greater Chicago Food Depository denounced changes to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program on Wednesday.
The University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center has received a grant from The Ralph Lauren Corporate Foundation for a new cancer center.
Chicago's Lurie Children's Hospital said Tuesday that it is no longer initiating gender-affirming medical treatment for minors.
Lizard's Liquid Lounge announced recently that it will be closing for good in April after 18 years on Chicago's Northwest Side.
BP refinery workers in Northwest Indiana hit the picket line this past weekend as they escalate their fight for a contract.
Funkytown has now received a $3.7 million grant from the City of Chicago. The money will be used to create a new brewery and tap room on the Near West Side.
With his name now hanging in the rafters, former Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose is helping the United Center with its major redevelopment.
A potential bidding war is taking shape for the Daily Herald, the newspaper of record for suburban Chicago.
Anderson Cooper will report multiple stories for "60 Minutes" before the end of the television season in May.
Warner Bros. Discovery said that Paramount Skydance is considering enhancing its buyout offer for the entertainment company.
Robert Duvall was in such classics as "The Godfather," "To Kill a Mockingbird," "M*A*S*H," "The Great Santini" and "Tender Mercies."
"Dawson's Creek" and "Varsity Blues" star James Van Der Beek has died at 48 years old.
The 31-year-old Puerto Rican artist Bad Bunny took the stage on Sunday dressed in all white, donning a jersey with his last name, Ocasio, and the number 64.
Meteorologist Laura Bannon is tracking scattered showers and thunderstorms.
A new book looks into the life of one of the first Black jockeys.
A crash shut down part of the Bishop Ford Freeway early Thursday morning.
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested over suspected misconduct in public office after revelations in the Epstein files.
The new adult male red panda is currently adjusting to his new home at the Pepper Family Wildlife Center.
A deadly crash shut down part of the Bishop Ford Freeway early Thursday morning.
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, King Charles III's younger brother, has been arrested over suspected misconduct in public office after revelations in the Epstein files.
The family of civil rights icon the Rev. Jesse Jackson spoke publicly on Wednesday morning, just one day after he died peacefully surrounded by loved ones.
While everyone was welcome to receive ashes, among the first were those whose loved ones had been detained or deported by federal immigration agents.
At each class inside Glenbrook South and Glenbrook North high schools, students must put their cell phones inside these numbered caddies, or be marked absent.
The city of Chicago is about to write some big checks to thousands of vehicle owners who had their cars, vans, or trucks towed by the city without the proper warning.
Gary residents hoped the new partnership between U.S. Steel and Japanese company Nippon Steel would mean changes to how much coal is being used and how much emissions are being released, but that's not what's in the works.
Chef Art Smith said the carjacking and fatal shooting of his employee, Darwin Tirado, 22, was devastating not only to his family but also to the larger community.
A state lawmaker is joining the growing call for accountability from the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services about past abuse allegations before an 8-year-old boy's murder.
Chicago's rodent problem is well known, but a new pilot program testing rat birth control to curb the population in problem areas is underway to help rein it in.
As far as his own game is heading into the upcoming season, Hayes said he feels strong and healthy.
With all of his success so far, the 35-year-old lefty said he's excited for what's to come in year two for both himself and the team.
Northern Iowa football player Parker Sutherland has died two days after collapsing during an offseason workout.
Clark's decision took place during an investigation by the U.S. Attorney in Brooklyn, New York, into OneTeam Partners, a licensing company founded by the union, the NFL Players Association and RedBird Capital Partners in 2019.
While the rebuilding White Sox remain committed to developing their young talent, Venable wants to win now and wants to start from zero, starting with this camp.
Dozens of drivers had their car's airbag stolen earlier this week in the Lakeview neighborhood, Chicago police said.
A Chicago man has been sentenced to 24 years in prison for a shooting inside an amusement park in west suburban Villa Park in 2021.
A man has been sentenced to 37 years in prison for the sexual exploitation of nearly 100 children, officials announced Wednesday.
Chicago police on Wednesday morning were investigating a shooting that left a man dead in the Bronzeville neighborhood.
The DNA profile was recovered from gloves found during the investigation into the disappearance of Nancy Guthrie in Arizona.